Saturday, May 05, 2012

A short review of Outsiders from Oz


Jared Davis, the author of the Eamon Deluxe original adventure "Realm of Fantasy", has recently published his first novel which is based upon the mythos of L. Frank Baum's Oz series. I recently ordered a copy from his current publisher, Lulu.com, and received a very nice, professionally printed hardcover edition within a few days.

Even though I had read the entire set of Oz books many years ago, I remembered very little about them when I ordered this book. However, Jared does a good job of compensating for Oz fans and newcomers alike, as he peppers in various pieces of background lore as needed and in an efficient manor which doesn't slow the pacing of the story. I was able to easily understand what was going on right from the first page.

I found Outsiders from Oz to be a relaxing and entertaining read. A lighthearted, yet quite interesting and creative fantasy story from a first time author who knows his subject matter well. All in all, Jared did an excellent job and I would recommend his work to anyone who enjoys reading fantasy fiction or simply wishes to show support for a fellow member of the Eamon community.

Outsiders from Oz is printed to order and available in both hardcover and paperback.

No comments: